Grating noise from the knee on bending, swelling in the knee on exercise. No pain. Have high triglycerides and on gout treatment

I have had for many years heard a sort of grating noise in my left knee when it is bent. There is no pain. I have within the last few days started exercising and have been using an exercise bike to try and help fitness to remove a high level of triglycorite in my blood (327) level. My kneww has now swollen and whilst still giving no pain is awkward to bend and collapses with weight on it. I am a 48 years old male, in fairly good heath although I have had treatment for gout recently but has now cleared.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012