Granule in throat, taking Omeprazole. How should I approach this?

granule on right side of throat . ENT stuck camera down my throat and found it. Gave me omeprazole and have taken it for a couple of weeks. He told me to reduce my caffiene intake and avoid alcohol. I still have a couple of beers a week but have reduced my caffiene intake to one cup a day. He mentioned possible throat cancer if this doesn t clear up. Even mentioned something related to HPV . I was very shocked! How should I approach this? Should I be concerned? He said it could take weeks for my throat to heal and I would imagine it would take longer considering I still have a couple of beers a week. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012