Got yeast infection after having a colonoscopy. Should I go to ER?

I had a colonoscopy two weeks ago - it went fine. One week later I went to the OB-GYN for an appointment and she let me know that I had the start of a yeast infection and told me to use something OTC . I had slight symptoms (no itching or burning, small discharge ) so I treated it with a 1 day treatment. I thought it worked but 2 days later I was itchy - so I treated again but this time used a 3-day treatment - it didn t clear up after the 3 days. I have never had a yeast infection that didn t go away. I think I should call the doctor on Monday - for now I have another treatment just in case it gets unbearable (symptons aren t terrible) but the instructions say - call your doc if your infection does not go away. I don t know what to do at this point. Also, I m wondering if the whol cleansing of my system is what may have started this - if so, I wish they would ve warned me so that I could take some probiotics or something. I will call the doc on Monday - should I even worry about treating it again or will it make it worse?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013