Got red lump in the left side of head while playing, headache. Should i worry about something?

Hi, this morning my son hit his head with another kid from school and has a little red lump in the left side on the temple. He didnt went to the school nurse. When he got out of school he mentioned me it and that he has a little bit of head ache. I made him the pupils eye exam with a flashlight- ok, the balance exam- a little out of balance, he seems a little bit drowsy. He ate food after school, he is looking the tv and playing computer games. Should i worry about something? Should i bring him to the doctor or the hospital? Thanks for your help
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
As per your query,he is active after accident.
The red lump is Haematoma,collection of blood.It comes down spontaneously in course of time.
If he loses his consciousness,develops vomiting,bleeding from ear,nose and throat;then it is matter of concern and should be taken to doctor.
At present,nothing to worry.
Give him anti inflammatory drug.
Wish him speedy recovery