Got injury on shoulder muscle and having pain. Could it be rotar cuff tear?

hi i have injured my shoulder pulling a large freezer door closed that was of the hinges i felt pain straight away i have put a with pain for 3 months i have been to doc and she thought it would be a rotar cuff tear sent me for ultrasound but said it was strained tendon i have terrible pain especially at night and lifting my arm out to side i had spoke to omeone and they said i would be better off having a MRI as it picks up a tear better am i better off reguesting MRI it aches all the time and restricts me doing lots of things
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013