Got black spots on beauty marks. Should I be concerned?

I noticed today that one of my beauty marks has a black spot in it that I don t think was there before. Should I be concerned? Should I go see my GP or watch it for a while? (My next yearly exam will take place in about 4 months).
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012
Any change in skin can be a cause for concern; one of the things that we look at are the ABCDEs.

A is for asymmetry, can the area be folded in half and be the same on both sides? If not it is considered asymmetrical.
B is for borders; is the border of the beauty mark concise and distinct or ragged and blurred?
C is for color; is the color in the beauty mark uniform or the same color in all areas or is the color variegated?
D is for diameter; is the beauty mark the size of a pencil eraser or less?
E is for evolving; is the beauty mark changing?

If you have noticed changes in any of the above characteristics of the "beauty mark", you need to see your physician for an evaluation.