Got a bump on my left buttock. Got bigger and harder. Precaution to be taken?

So I've had this weird bump on my left buttock. I think it's a boil. I've had one of these a few years ago I had it on the back of my thigh. My mom insisted on popping it and it hurt so bad I haven't told her now. I think I read somewhere that if it isn't popped whatever is in it cud make up sick .I think it got bigger and got a little hard after I finished exercising. Could you please let me know what to do
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is possible that it is a boil. Treatment of the boil would involve the application of heat such as heat pads or a warm cloth. This would increase the circulation to the area, reduce your pain and draw the discharge to the surface and help it to burst.

Wash with anti bacterial soap and consider a cream. If your home treatment is not effective you may want to consider visiting your doctor for an assessment.

I hope this helps