Goiter, scheduled for thyroidectomy, lab tests showed borderline enlarged heart. Will this cause complications in surgery?

i had a goiter .last august i met a doctor in goiter that i decided for thyroidectomy but he told me to have a lab test(cbc,t4, tsh ,t3,ecg,ultrasound) and xray which the result has borderline enlarge of the of now i am still waiting for another check up on nov.7 and required me to have a CBC, urinalysis and there a possible that despite of all the lab test required to me,no surgery be done becauseof my borderline enlarge of the heart?my husband was already mad last sept.19 because the said doctor never issue me a clearance for surgery.i was really confused and sometime make me depressed.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012