Glands on neck, not painful, getting bigger. What are they?

hello sir how are you? i here by want to ask you couple of questions which really make scared I have few small glands around my waistline and one at the back side of the lower neck they are non-painful glands and non visible its can be feel only by touching it will be in 1-2 centimeters. i feel like they getting slighltly bigger than last year. 1. what are these glands are? Why they are happening? 2. Will they lead to cancer? do we have treatments to get rid of these glands
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012

See you seem to be developed multiple swollen lymph ones.
In many cases, such swellings can be totally benign and can be due to simple viral illness or any infections.
But this condition can not simply be ignored.
You surely need a complete evaluation for use cause of such a generalized lymph node enlargement. You should see a nearby physician for the same.
You might need certain investigation to find the cause of this lymph node enlargement.

Dr Geetika Paul