Gland below ear,prescribed AKT-3 tablets

hi doctor . I have a gland below my ear and the doc has asked me to take AKT 3 tab... May I know why? Is it TB? and is it infectious?
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Localised swellings below ear are likely to be lymph nodes or minor enlargements of salivary glands. In your case, the doctor has examined it to be lymph node and prescribed ATT. You can get a documentary proof by getting FNAC or nodal biopsy. However, if you have had a Chest X ray which has supported TB, you may go ahead with ATT. Alternately, you can get tests for antibodies to tubercular antigens in blood also.
Yes, TB is infectious and definitely needs treatment once diagnosed.
take care.