Giving Pro nan 2 to babies. What supplementary food to give?

Dear Doctor i have my twins born as pre term babies on jan 12, the born wait is 1.50 now they are still 9kgs . What sort of foods can we give .. as of now i give them pro nan 2.. can i replace it with aavin milk or what are the old good supplementary food which i can give... secondly can i give any vitamins tonic ... thirdly can i give them eggs and fish and meats... pls suggest. also find difference between both their weight
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013

Thank you for your query.

Yes, you can replace Nan 2 with Aavin milk. At one year of age the children should be eating a normal diet and if they are not being given then they should be encouraged to have meals from the family pot. They can have eggs, poultry and other non-vegetarian meals.

They can be given vitamin supplements if they are not receiving a normal diet.

There shall always be a differnce in the weight of the twins.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your babies all the best.a