Getting periods at the age of fifty-seven, had LEEP done. Should I be worried?

I m turning 57 in May - over the last couple of months I have been getting a period lasting 4-7 days. Is this normal. About 2 years ago I had a LEEP procedure done - non-cancerous. Should I be worried or are my hormones causing this to happen. Thanks Liz
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
As you describe, you had period at the age of 57years. if it is repeated, or continuous, it is alarming, and should be considered.
It may happen if there is very high B.P. or may happen as a rare event.
still it is divisible to consult a gynecologist for diagnosis and treatment.
Take more of green leafy vegetables, pulses, sprouts, and protein rich foods to have good health and resistance against infections.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.