Getting pain in leg around shin. Feels bump on it. What's wrong?

I ve been going out every night and running around the park by my home... I always strech and such... but I suddenly a couple of days ago got an extreamely painful pain in my left leg somewhere around the shin... and I just felt it and I sort of feel a bit of a bump... I really have no idea what couldve happend. Please help...
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
The sudden development of a bumpy swelling in the calf accompanied by severe pain is suggestive of a partial rupture of the muscle. It would be advisable to get yourself examined by a ER physician in order to arrive at a definitive diagnosis.