Getting leg pain while walking. Diagnosed as chances of plot of blood in the neurons. Will it be cured by surgery?

hello doctor my father had a problem about legs .that is while walking he is getting psin in the left leg.we shows to the doctor thay said there may chance to plot the blood in the neurans so better to consult vascular surgen.and they said chance to a little surgary. my doubt is after surgary how much time to recover and my father is diabitis while walking he is getting pain in her heart also. so i resquested to you how we can solve my father problem.
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would recommend you to show it to orthopaedic surgeon and get MRI of the spine. It looks to me that your father might be having a disc prolapse with pinch nerve. If it shows on mri you can start treatment accordingly. meanwhile you can take pregabalin and methylcobal tablet daily.