Get purplish, heavy breathing, lightheaded after kangoo jumping class. Solution?

Hello, I m a 28 year old female. I am 5 4 and 118 lbs. I ve been working out on and off almost my whole life, but I ve never been off for more than 2 months at a time however I always feel so out of shape. For example, I just joined a kangoo jumping class and I always get red-purplish and I start breathing hard. The instructor and the other people notice it too and always keep on asking me if I m alright. I take my time warming up and everything with the rest of the class but by the end I m the only one who looks like I ve been beaten up within an inch of my life and sometimes I get light headed as well. Also, I never seem to be able to put on any muscles, and what working out does for me is mostly helps lose and maintain my weight but my muscles are always super weak.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012