Fungus in groin area, using topical creams, little itching. Treatment?

Hi, every since I was in the military I got a fungus in my groin area that just can t seem to get rid of completely. I had this for several years now. I never seemed to completely get rid of it. A few days ago it re-appeared worser than before with several light small red or brown bums. I was diagnosed with herpes yearsw ago and I haven t had an outbreak for quite some time. I take Acylvor daily which seems to help with in the last yr but I still have this nagging fungus. I went to my doctor today & she gave me another topical cream to use ( clotrimazole ). I ve used this before in the past & it somewhat helped, but nothing I have used seems to get rid of the fungus for good. I m not sure if my doctor is giving the most effective cure or just some generic type cream. Wha is the most effective cream/pill available today? My fungus does itch a little bit also.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012