Frequent diarrhea and fatigue. IBS diagnosed. Further tests needed?

I have had on and off diarrhea problems for years and the docs have just randomly said IBS . It was most often a problem during stressful time periods, so I believed them. However, for the last year or so, I have more issues with chronic diarrhea mostly occuring at times I eat (3-4 times a day) for weeks at a time. In addition, I m so tired. It s a struggle to get thru a day and if I can (which is pretty often), I sleep about 16-18 hours a day. I don t have great insurance and can t afford a lengthy list of tests. If I knew what to narrow the testing down to, that would help.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012