Frequent clicking with shooting pain from lower jaw post wisdom tooth removal, muscle in front of ear seems to be clenching. Any ideas?

HI, I HAVE HAD TMJ AND HAD A WISDOM TOOTH REMOVED AND WAS BETTER, STARTING CLICKING MORE LATERLY. 2 DAYS AGE I OPENED MY MOUTH AND THERE WAS A LOUD CLICK WITH AND SHOTTING PAIN FROM MY LOWER JAW TO IN FRONT OF MY EAR ON THE LEFT SIDE. SINCE THAT IT HAS HURTS WHEN I BIT DOWN AND CHEW, I CANT OPEN MY MOUTH FULLY. ALSO THE LEFT SIDE THE MUSCLE IN FRONT OF MY EAR IT FEELS AS IF IM CLENCHING (HARD AND RAISED) BUT IM NOT CLEANCHING. THE MUSCLE ON THE RIGHT SIDE IS FINE. ANY IDEAS THANKS YVETTE
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Dentist 's  Response
Welcome to the forum.
You will need to go to a maxillofacial surgeon.
Using neuromuscular dentistry they will align it,if it is really bothering you a lot.
sometimes it stops, if you chew on hard stuff it will generally increase.
Try soft diet and see if it decreases.
Try not to open your mouth wide and avoid chewing for long time.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Regards.