Fractures leading up to the joint, swelling, wrist in bad condition, unable to take a shower. Help?

I broke my radius and also got 2 fractures leading up to the joint on dec 26th while snowboarding. My dr said he thought my bones were in a good place to heal without surgery and I could go with a cast if I wanted to and as long as my break didn t get unproportioned it would heal correctly. I got my cast put on (above the elbow ) the day after my break. The dr said I would most likely have an above elbow cast for 3 weeks and then a below elbow cast for 3 weeks. I have been reading forums about breaks and wrist fractures and my concern is at since I got my cast the day after my break where most people have theirs put on a week after (whenever the swelling goes down) am I going to have to have this above the elbow cast on for an additional week (4weeks) versus 3? I don t know what o do since I m on my own right now and taking a shower has become a challenge. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks!
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  0 Views:  8 Awaiting Answer