Fractured the top knuckle of ring finger, unable to bend finger. Will physical therapy work?

3 months ago I fractured thetop knuckle of my ring finger . I had it splinted for 3 months like the Dr. said but it turns out the orthopedic surgeon said I should of onlyhad it on for 6 weeks. Now I am not able to really bend my finger. The surgeon wanted me to go to physicaltherapy for it but we don t want to spend the money. What will help me be able tomove my finger again? I can bend the main knuckle a little but what could help myfinger?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013