Fracture and swelling of wrist?

hi i broke my wrist 9 weeks ago .in 3 places .plaster was taken of a week a go .at night i get bad swelling in 1 area is that right
Asked On : Thu, 27 Jan 2011
and forgot get cramp in my wrist bad brake .they needed pull bone back in line .with gas and air .swelling in 1 area worrys me .they said they might needed to do a opp but not said anymore since then .still can not use my hand
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.To have the swelling after removal of the plaster is a normal phenomenon.Do hot saline fomentation.The swelling will go in few weeks.Good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,Rose hurley,
Thanks for query,
It is surprised that you had fracture 9 weeks ago and applied plsater 1 week ago.
There is all the chances of having Mal union of compound fracture.
Consult orthopedics again and tell your problem.
Ok and bye.
Hello.Welcome.It is normal to have swelling after removal of plaster.If it pains then do hot fomentation but if it is not paining then it will go of it's own in 4 to 6 weeks time.Good luck.
  Anonymous's Response
welcome to health care magic
some how swelling after plaster is natural it vill disappear with in 2 weeks ..please do hot water fomentation daily.apply mahamash oil.if at all after 2 weeks problem persist please seriously consult your doctor.
take care