Found pea size lump on lower leg, very hard and painful when apply pressure. Swelling in leg due to tight socks. Is it a cyst?

I am a 45yr old male still doing cycling and weights weekly. Yesterday I found a pea size lump on the inner side of my right lower leg (just above the sock line) it is very hard and is mildly painful when applying pressure from fingers. I have been flying short journeys only once a month and take 75mg of aspirin daily (I had a myocardial infarction in 97 and another in 2003, with no issues since then) I have notice this last year that ordinary length socks become very tight and my lower legs swell from this and have since changed to socks that sit above the calf . My research shows it is likely to be a cyst . your input would be greatly accepted.
Asked On : Wed, 16 May 2012