Foul odor from urine, urine test normal. Possible causes ?

My urine has a foul odor to it when I use the restroom, it s embarrassing. I really don t knw why because I drink a lot of water. I don t drink cold drink & I rarely drink juice. I ve went to the doctor & they did a urine specimen & everything was normal, but I feel like something is not right. The way my urine smell it s just not normal. What can be the cause if this?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Well,this is called pittaj dushti in mutra (urine)according to ayurveda.This may due to wrong food habit,prakruti janya vikruti,leen (deeply rooted) dosha due any previous infection,wrong dincharya etc.This terminology used here,you should know from an ayurvedic expert.
Now the treatment==
1)take dicocction (quath/kadha) of ginger+coriander seeds +turmeric +varuna is the best medicine for this. Also gokshuradi guggule tabs 2-2-2 help a lot with this dicocction.
2)drink warm water whole day [as it clears the doshas from bladder (basti)] with puffed rice
3)eat only home made food & avoid roasted +fermented food.
4)don't take any fruit juice as it elevats the blood pH,giving false odor to urine
Hope this will help you.