Forgot giving zincovit to the baby from the 20th day. Can I give now?

HI, Doctor suggested to give zincovit drops to my baby from 20th day, i forgot and did not gave that till today, so by today my baby is 35 days old. So I missed it for 15 days, can you suggest me whthere I can continue it from tady or do I need to consult the doctor..will there be any harm for not using it from 20th day. Thanks, Pradeep
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012
Hello parent,
First 180 days of life a baby should be given only breast milk which contains all essential vitamins and minerals. If your child was born before due date ( premature ) or had condition which led to vitamins and minerals deficiency, then vitamins may be considered. If the baby is other wise normal no tonic is required.
Go through the following check list
1. Baby birth weight was more than 2.9 kg
2. child is active
3. Able to suck well from the mother
4. Passing urine 6 times
5. Passing soft stools
6. Skin is soft
7. There is no green or yellow colour vomiting
8. No fever of more than 100.4 degrees
9. No pus or boils on the skin
10. No swelling anywhere in the body
If there are no abnormalities, your child will not require vitamins.
Instead ask the mother to eat well. Her intake should be atleast 2400 calories. A Poorie is about 75 calories.
Ask her consume water before feeding and ask her to feed in a calm atmosphere. While feeding there should not any sucking noise. If such steps are followed, then there will not be any need for tonics