Forgetful, unable to process everything heard. How to overcome this ?

i am a highschool student and i think i have mental problems. whenever someone talks to me i hear all of it but process only some things. i forget things easily. my parents can tell me something and i forget it a few minutes or few seconds later. when ever a try to study i blank out or blank out in class. do u know what i have or how to stop it?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hi . the very fact that you wrote this and want to improve is a good sign.
you need some councilling by a good psychologist, to build up self confidence and family support.
By becoming more conscious of your daily activities, self motivation and more and more efforts to study you will do well.
Please try to avoid any distractions. like video games,music, internet browsing,too many friends.etc.
Have a goal in life and work towards it.