Forearm pain, sharp pains, veins showing through, painkillers provide no relief

Hi for the last couple of months now ive had an ache in my forearm sometimes its very short sharp pains dont last very long then the ache continues it also is very uncomfortable to raise my arm when this is happening, the main veins running down my arm to my hand are very promidant when the pain accures, iv been rubbing pain killer creams in but nothing seems to help iv not pulled a mussel or done any thing strenious for this to happen, please could you help me to solve this.
Asked On : Tue, 1 May 2012