Football player, get severe pains on being hit on the head or under face mask causing difficulty in moving. Is this normal?

I m a football player and i know that its normal to get hit a lot but sometimes when i get hit it hurts really bad, so bad that i just stop moving and just stand there in the middle of the play. Its mostly when i get hit on the top of my head or right under my face mask. Is this normal? And another thing is that when i get hit head on or right above my face mask my ear hurts really bad so i put my finger in my ear and it helps a little but still hurts for a while. Whats happening there and how can i prevent that
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
ya this is normal in case of wearing mask but if this pain is constant after wearning off mask also that is not normal