Foot tingly and numb. Why? Is it the same for weakness?

Four of my toes on my right foot are tingly and numb most of the time. The pad of my foot is similiar. Also, from the back of my knee on my right leg feels tingly and weak. This has been going off and on for a year, but is more constant now. I did find out my L5 is slightly bulged. My doctor jokes of all this and says don t lift 80lbs. Of salt.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description. I sincerely suggest that the bulging of L5 has no significance to the tingling or numb sensation you are experiencing. In fact you should understand body thoroughly to have any diagnosis. With the knowledge you have about your body is very much limited and therefore your diagnosis is ought to be funny. That is the reason why your doctor laughs at you.

If you are suspecting any damage to the nerve which is responsible for the sensation of your leg, you should know, there are so many other symptoms which leads to tht diagnosis. For the time being, it is easy for you to believe your doctor and conclude that the numbness is due to awkward position and doesnot happen often. Be busy with your job and be creative.

Hope this answers your doubts. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.