Foot near meta Carpel started to hurt. Had bruised it. Diabetic. Related?

2weeos ago, my my 5th with on a day it was black and blue. I hand no memory of hurting my foot, but I thought it was broken and had it xrayed. It was not broken. The doctor told me I had brused it. With in a day or two it began to return to normal. A week later it began to hurt again in the same spot. The area feels stiff and somewhat itchy. I do have type 2 diabetes which is under control with diet and exercise. I m not sure if it s related. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012