Foot injury due to cut, bleeding. Got stitches on foot. Causes for extreme swelling?

Hi i had a foot injury ... I cut my right foot as glass fell on it and there was a lot of bleeding . I rushed to d hospital immediatly n d doc put stitches on my foot 3 days back , nw wat i wanna ask is dat dere is a lot of swelling on my entire foot even though d cut was very small but my feets fingers n d whole feet is swollen very badly, y is dat so??
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
This swelling is basically a reactionary swelling to local injury.
The swelling is because of two reasons
1...lot of loose tissue around ankle and fingers and fingers of feet
2... The feet is the most dependent area of the body resulting in more swelling.
There is nothing to worry.
Keep your feet elevated and take rest and medications.
You shall be alright soon.