Foot and ankle swollen, taken antibiotics. Have metastatic breast cancer

I cut my leg and got an infection. I took antibiotics and the wound healed. However a week later my foot and ankle were swollen. Now it is nine weeks and my foot, ankle, calf and thigh are swollen and each area is about 1 1/2 - 2 inches larger than the other leg. Due to some oral surgery and infection I have had 4 rounds of different antibiotics and a round of steroids. Everything is still swollen. I must mention I have metastatic breast cancer in the bones so healing I know is slower, but nine weeks! Could an oral infection cause swelling in the legs? My oncologist is puzzled and is sending me to an orthopaedic doctor. What do you think
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012