Fluid in neck area. What is the lump and the spongy feeling?

I have noticed some fluid (at least I guess that is what it is) building up where my neck goes into my shoulders on both sides for several months. It is spongy feeling, not hard or lumpy but spans a fairly large area atop my collarbone on both sides. In addition I have had a lump on the left of my neck for over a year. Are these two things possibly connected and should I be concerned or seek more medical attention?
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
First of all , i dont think its anything serious but you definitely need to get medical attention and possibly they could be connected , we cannot say anything until we do the tests. So consult a physician as soon as possible.
Thank you