Fluid in lungs, relapsed after oral antibiotics, improved with IV's, fed pureed food. How long can she sustain ?

My 87 year old mother is in the hospital after I checked on her in the nursing home and found her relapsed after 7 days of oral antibiotics , she was drowning from fluid in her lungs. She had started to improve but they think she aspirated; now hospitalized for 7 days with IV antibiotics and gently given fluids she is remarkably improved! However she is now weaned off fluid and oxygen and nurses are feeding her pureed food. My concern is her return to the nursing home, her loss of weight (now muscles broken down only skin and bones) and to be fed pureed foods; how long can she sustain with such little food?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013