Fluctuating blood pressure levels after taking the losartan. Need medication change?

Hello I was diagnosed on friday the 28, 2012 with high blood pressure . I went to the doctors that day and my blood pressure was checked 3x for accuracy, with a reading of 140/110, I was placed on losartan 50mg, I am female 265lbs 39 years old. After checking blood preasure each day at home it has fluctuated from 135/80 130/83 131/88 and today 135/90. I was curious if the medicine I am on could possibly be to low of a dosage or if the body needs more than 6 days to adjust to this new medicine? Is the new blood pressure of 135/90 extremly high for me still?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013