Flu symptoms, yellowish phlegm, breathlessness, bleeding on blowing nose, chest pains. What could the cause be?

Hi im a home care worker and have had flu like symptoms for Over a week now. Its has got worse over the past couple days To the point my phlem is yellow/green, im coughing atleast Once a minute which is extremely painful. I can get very breatheless At times and my temp has been quite high (38.5ÂșC) i think i have Burst a blood vessel in my nose as i get streaks of blood when I blow my nose. I have been getting slight chest pains and was i A&E last week with it but unknown cause? Do i have a cold/flu/chest Infection. Dont know whether to book an appointment with my GP it has been very cold this past few.weeks here.with snow an weather In minus degree s and part of my job is going to the elderlys homes Which is going from the cold to the warm all day. HELP ME PLEASE Thanks tammy
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013