Finger tips feel numb, stomach weak, burning in chest. Had 4 day bender of drinking alcohol. Solution ?

I just finished a 4 day bender of drinking alcohol last night because it was my last weekend to party before i work, i don t exactly know if im just really really hungover or maybe something is wrong. My finger tips feel numb and kind of weak and my stomach feels like there is a storm inside of it and its burning a tiny bit lower in the centre of my chest ?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Hi there,

* Your problems are due to alcohol binge:-

- Acute alcohol-induced gastritis (hyperacidity): Take anti-acid drug such as omeprazole twice daily. Increased acid formation leads to its regurgitation into the food pipe, accounting for burning in the center of your chest.

- Numbness in fingers too is due to alcohol binge or, due to "Saturday Night Syndrome" in which, sleeping is an uncomfortable or sloppy position following alcohol, leads to compression over the arms' nerves. This normalizes in a couple of days' time.

Thiamine deficiency occurs if daily consumption of alcohol is in excess. Take Tab Thiamine 100mg daily

Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he agree with me, order required tests, and- based on the reports- will prescribe suitable treatment as advised.

If you find my response helpful and informative, do not forget an “excellent” rating to my answer, to encourage all doctors- engaged in social service- to render sound advice to the FREE queries.

Lastly, if you need a detailed and prompt answer, you may post a "Direct Query (Premium)" addressed personally to me.

Fond regards and have a nice day

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal