Fever, vomiting, cough, diarrhea, intestinal infection. Taking inbuprofen. What can be done?

My 22 month son has had a fever for 6 days now ranging from 101.7-104.3, vomiting for 5 days, cough for 3 days, dirrhea 3 times over 2 days, blood drpps with seeze.Went to ER on day 3 and was told URI vairal and keep giving fluids and rotating acetaminophen and I ibuprofen . He hasn t eaten more than a few goldfish crackers in 6 days, vomits most of what he drinks. Will only tolerate water without vomit. Went back to ER on day 5. No UTI. Now they say its viral intestinal infection. No stool sample, no CBC or BMP but infection? How does that work? I ve now been giving Gatorade and pedialyte via syringe . 5ml q 5min for an hour. He s drinking water ok. I m using a cool mist humidifier but nose still bleeds. Cough has developed to be more persistent at night. His doctor hasn t been able to see Jim until tomorrow. Could it be rotavirus or something else with fever lasting so long?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013