Fever, very high. Do we need to see a doctor?

My 3 yr old daughter went for swimming yesterday...she was absolutely fine before swimming...late night she had fever it was 100 I gave her crocin ds today whole day she was having fever I gave her three times fever medicine in a day right now she is having 102 degree again I gave her severe it is??do we need to c doc???
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Hello and thanks for the query
High grade fever needs to treated by proper effective antibiotic for which your need to consult your doctor and proper choice and dose. There are possibility of viral fever and chest infection.
Till you consult your follow some precautions:
1. Protect your child from cold climate and wet cloths.
2. Keep her warm
3. Do not give her cold drinks, cold water or spicy and oily food.
4. If there is cough give steam inhalation if possible
5. Continue giving crocin to reduce fever.

Hope this will help you.
Best wishes and get well soon