Fever spikes on eating and drinking, severe cramping and bloated feeling, improper bowel movement, low appetite post ventral hernia surgery. Blood work did not show infection. What is the cause?

I had ventral hernia surgey a week ago. Ever since the surgery I have been having fever spikes after everytime I eat or drink something. I am starting to get cramping and bloated feelings that seem to be increasing as the days go by. I haven t had a proper bowel movement since before the surgery. The only way I can get anything to move is by using milk of magnesia. My appetite is very low. I went back in the hospital with a 102 fever and they kept me over night but released me the next day shortly after I ate the first meal. They did blood work and said my blood count looked normal so there wasn t an infection but I have been fighting this fever going up and down for 6 days. It started out going up to around 99(normally I check 97.5 with my thermometer ), the next time I would eat or drink it would go to 99.5 and just kept increasing until it got to 102 and I went to the emergency room. After being in there over night and not eating combined with the antibiotics they gave me it had quit but the process has started over again. After 2.5 days of being out of the hospital I am back up to 101.4.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012