Fever, sore throat, runny nose, cough, constant rattle in lungs, asthma and COPD, taking mucinex and sudafed, using albuterol nebulizer

I have been sick for over a month. It started with fever, sore throat , runny nose. By the third day I developed a cough. The nasal discharge has all been clear and it stopped by about 7-10 days in. I just can t get rid of this cough. The mucus is thick and white and there is a LOT of it. I have a constant rattle in my lungs. I have asthma and COPD from the result of a propane explosion/house fire I was in 6 years ago which burned my lungs. I am on albuterol nebulizer and inhaler . I have tried mucinex and sudefed. The coughing is so bad I am unable to do my regular daily routine because I cough with any exertion. What can I do?
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012