Fever, cold and cough. On antibiotics and cough syrup. Have wheezing sound in the chest. Any suggestions?

Hi, I have a bad cold in early September. The symptoms were coughing, fever and muscle pain. After doctor give me antibiotic and cough syrup , I have only cough symptom remained. Then doctor give me some inhaler with steroid . I had it twice for 5 days and once for 7 days. Then doctor asked me to stop the inhaler but I still cough. When I breath, I have the wheezing sound in my chest. Cough brings up some mucus and it tastes like metal. Can you help me understand what is going on? Thanks a lot!
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012