Fever, chest, forehead covered by dots,don't itch. Suggestions?

so my 2 yr old was running a fever for 2 days to the point that she couldnt get out of bed, eat or drink. as of last night she had started to get better but last night she would cry in her sleep and this morning i discovered her chest, forehead (by her hairline) and her back were covered in dots but they dont itch. Other than the dots she seems to be alright, shes back to eating and drinking and running around like normal. any ideas?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013

Thanks for writing to health care magic.
I can understand your concern
Fever and rash can occur in various conditions. If the rash is like red dots then further investigations are definitely required. A physical examination is required to identify the exact cause of the rash and fever.
Fever with rash occurs in various conditions like viral fevers, measles, chicken pox etc.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
M.D.(Pediatrics)
Associate Professor of Pediatrics