Fever, body pain, nonproductive cough. Taken flu vaccine. Any ideas?

Hi I m a 48 yr old generally healthy adult. I am also an RN. I ve been sick for 7 days. I went to my nurse practitioner on Monday with fever , body aches, nonproductive cough . She said I had influenza . I had flu vaccine in October. She said my lungs were wheezy, at that time I had some pain in my mid right lung. She prescribed Zithromax 500mg for 7 days, a Medrol dose pack, and a prn inhaler . I have a dry infrequent cough. The body aches and fever are gone. I am still weak and I have a constant pain in my mid posterior right lung. The pain doesn t change with a deep breath. I had to sleep on the couch last couple nights, and I m not sleeping well. It feels like I need to cough something up, but my cough is harsh and dry. This pain in my lung is constant, deep ache. It actually felt a little better(for a short time) after my husband applied Vicks to the area. I listened to my lungs and didn t hear anything unusual in the area of the pain. I am just fatigued, can t do much without feeling exhausted. I usually work fulltime, go to college, and walk/jog on the treadmill daily. This has me whipped! I plan to go back for a recheck hopefully today. Any ideas, suggestions?? Thank you in advance. Danette
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013