Fever and chills. Tonsils had white substance. Why does roof of mouth feel bruised?

I went to my boyfriends a couple weekends ago and came home woth chills and a fever of 102.4. my throat felt like i was swallowing razor blade and my tonsils had white stuff on them but not strep white. my fever went away after a week and now I have a sinus infection I know this for sure. I have a horrible head ache, and my jaw hurts on the left side extremely bad. The other day it started out as what seemed to be a cold but then progressed into my nasal cavities. The roof of my mouth felt bruised on the right side and now this morning there is a little tiny bump where it feels bruised. What is this and what can make the pain go away?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012