Femoral acetabular impingement repair done, MRI showed degeneration and tearing on superior labrum, advised laparoscopy. Advice?

Hi. I had a femoral acetabular impingement repaired, as well as labral repair and reconfiguring of the femoral neck this past December. I have had pain in the hip since. I have had two cortisone injections that have helped minimally. This morning I was told that my most recent MRI showed degeneration and tearing involving a large portion of the superior labrum. Subchondral narrow edema in the femoral head, tendinitis and partial thickness tear of the gluteus minimus at its insertion. Interstitial tear of the rectus femoris from its anterior/inferior iliac spine origin. My orthopedic surgeon is suggesting another laparoscopic surgery to see if a bone graph or hip replacement will be appropriate. (I am 38 y/o female) Can you give me your input? I would appreciate any insight. Sincerely, Tammy
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  29 Awaiting Answer