Felt pain in neck, unable to turn head to side, visible pulsate in left temple. Dangerous?

Hi, last week I felt this horrible pain in my neck around 2 in the afternoon. By nighttime I was unable to move my head to the side so the following morning I went to the e.r and they did not find anything. When this all happened I felt a very weird pulsate in my left Temple. This morning when I woke up with a headache I noticed a visible pulsate in my left temple that goes around my eye. Wondering if this is dangerous and if I should go to the E.T. .
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.
Your symptoms do not suggest a serious neurological illness, and there is no need to visit the emergency room.

Muscle twitching and pulsations are commonly seen in the temple region and would suggest muscle spasm or headache. They would respond to rest or short course of analgesics.

If symptoms persist, then, you can consult a doctor.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My blog: