Fell while walking on tram station, lip touched railing and tasted iron. Will I get infected?

Hey I have a question, I was walking to the tram station a few hours ago after work, and I grabbed hold of the railing on my way down the stairs. As I stood waiting for the tram I touched my lips and shortly after that licked them and tasted iron, as if I d been holding coins. When I sat down In the tram a lady pointed out to me that my face was covered in black smudges off the railing from where I had rubbed my face. It washed right off but my question was really about the fact that I licked it earlier on, and thousands of people touch the railing daily. Thanks for your help.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Hi ! I do not consider this to be cause of concern for you. Usually infection does not spread like this. However, if you get into any problem concerning your health any time after this, you may consult your family physician on this.