Fell on shoulders. Suffering from pain, stiffness, difficult in breathing. Should I be concerned?

During the Easter weekend, I had a heavy fall directly landing on the shoulders (falling backwards) with my entire weight..... At the time it didnt really bother me, as it was during a childs party and so I didnt feel much at the time. However, its now been 2 months and I am suffering with pain in the area mentioned, it can be panful to breath and or to move.... some days its worse the others, however, sometimes it seems to effect my neck and even causing stiffness . Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Thu, 31 May 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
This is quite common occurrence with rib fracture as they take long time in healing and some time it can be painful for 3 months. I would recommend you following things for pain relief though coughing and sneezing will always be painful.
1. Apply hot water and Diclofenac ointment
2. Take Brufen and Ultracet tablet for pain relief
3. Avoid lying down on affected side