Fell hard on knee, lump formed. Stiff, uncomfortable and sensitive to touch. Worried?

Two weeks ago I fell hard on my right knee . I could still walk on it and it was only a bit stiff and uncomfortable to bend. I had no problem lifting my extended leg while lying down. It swelled up and I did a RICE treatment for the next few days. I had a lot of trouble going downstairs at first but now it is just a mild discomfort. It is also slightly uncomfortable to twist while i a bearing my weight. Sitting is slightly uncomfortable if my leg is bent at any more than a right angle. But all in all over the two weeks it has been getting consistently better and the swelling has gone away. So for my question, now that I can actually see my knee, there is a marble size lump right on the front of my knee that feels like a bone and is a bit sensitive to the touch. Should I be worried? or is it just part of the healing process?
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012
I would go to your dr and have an X-ray of your knee to ensure you did not fracture you knee when you injured it.