Fell down, hurt arm, banged head, feels hard and heavy

hi there , my husband fell sown the stairs yesterday morning - he hurt his arm and banged his head. He cannot use his arm properly , he said it feels hard and heavy .... is this just because he has banged it and will it wear off .
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
How serious was the injury . it would be better if you can get x ray as some time such trivial fall can cause nasty injuries. If x ray shows some bony injury then you can receive treatment accordingly. If pain is very severe for time being you can take Brufen and do not apply very tight bandage.